Monday, December 11, 2006

12.11.06 - I Don't Buy Stuff From Slave Owners


I saw a very nice SKS rifle at a gunshop this weekend. And very reasonably priced too, ($149 USD). But I didn't buy it though. See, Norinco, the (so-called) People’s Republic of China state arsenal’s commercial entity, manufactured it. I have no problem with buying ex-Soviet or former Warsaw Pact state arsenal surplus weapons and ammo. But I won't buy anything from a current slave state. I'm funny that way. I'd even buy an ex-Nazi weapon if it was a good value and I needed or wanted to buy it. But not from a current slave state.
No way.

L. Neil Smith and some others suggested a boycott of Smith & Wesson, Ruger and some other US gunmakers who weaseled for public relations and political reasons and supported the Brady Law, Assault Weapons and High Capacity magazine bans. Why reward such weaseling eh? And LNS had a good point. I kind of feel the same way. I am not gonna buy from some Commie state commercial entity just to get a better deal when I could get one from a former commie liberal democracy, even ones as tainted as Russia, Romania, and Bulgaria are.

Call me strange, but I just won't do it.

No comments: